Miss Posie herself tagged moi with exposing 6 weird things about myself... so here we go
- When I wiggle my toes they make this horrible cracking/wrenching sound. And I will add, it is not some small subdued noise. Oh no, it is loud! I cannot keep it from happening when I wiggle my toes either. I have never had this investigated by a Dr, but I am not really sure I want to know what it's about either. They have always done this...
- I am a huge genealogy buff for my father's family (maternal and paternal). The Saalwächter family from Neider Ingelheim Germany. The furthest I can go back is 1492, for Peter Saalwächter. I have books and books of family records.. church records from Germany in German hand writing that I can barely make out. On the maternal side, I forget how far I can go back. I Know I have back to around 1692 for John Bunyan, but I would have to check the volumes of data I have. I would love to write a book about my father's family, but that would mean I would need to go to Germany and talk to the two remaining branches of the Saalwächters that live in Ingelheim. They both have thriving wineries. We have some illustrious members to the family..Let me tell you
- I like James Bond movies... the ones with either Sean Connery or Roger Moore. Same goes for Elvis movies. I can sit and watch them forever...... now I have no idea where this comes from neither of my parents watched this stuff when I was little. Well, maybe my mom watched the Elvis movies.
- My teeth are too big for my jaw. We figured this out when I was around 14... I still had baby teeth at that point. I had to have them all pulled. It was awful. I cried every time I knew I had to go to the dentist because I knew what was coming. After they were gone and my permanent teeth came in... holy cow they figured out my teeth were too big for my jaw... so here we go again. They pulled permanent teeth. I am actually missing 8 teeth in total. You should have seen my wisdom teeth when they cut them out. They were HUGE. I could not believe they fit in there! Sad thing, Emma has inherited my teeth... she was late to cut teeth as a baby as well and her baby teeth are large...one good thing... her jaw is bigger than mine!
- I like to look for rocks when walking, at the lake on picnics, etc... now blame this one on my Dad. He graduated from Oklahoma State University with a Geology degree. Went to work in the oil business, the bottom fell out of that, and all of his extra credit classes were in education (thanks to his very wise mother) so he went into the education business. He has never outgrown the love of rocks and fossils. He actually has boxes of them he donates to the school when they come to geology part in science classes... and yes, I have my own box too. Funny thing, if you saw us on vacation.. Emma will head up the pack, looking down at the ground for rocks, then there will be me and then my dad.. all hunting for rocks. ** Mental note** next time we do this I MUST make my mother take a picture. Emma will come home from school with rocks in her pockets, ready to show me all the neat rocks she found.
- I can cross both of my eyes and then roll one (and sometimes both) around while crossed. Once again, blame my dad. He thought this was funny on Hee Haw when I was little. There would always be two guys sitting around singing "I thought I found true love, she met another and pluff she was gone" . At some point during this segment of Hee Haw I believe Buck Owens would perform this stunt. It totally grosses my mother out, so I always sure to do it at the dinner table. Well as an adult I showed Em how to do this and she caught on after the first try, so now when we eat at Grandma and Grandpa's we can both completely gross out my mother. We are awful aren't we!
On a yucky note, the spare PC in the house, the one Emma plays on had a "Thermal Event" over the weekend. I have investigated this and it basically means death to the PC. So, I am looking at iMac's and trying to figure out if and when we can afford one. My Dell desktop was about 6-7 years old, so it has done its duty. I may just get a mac mini.. they are not as expensive and I already have a monitor and everything else. Yep, that may be the way to go for now... we will see.